Saturday 23 January 2010

Reflection/photography: Once upon a time



Lost, yes lost, is perhaps the word that would describe my past temperament in life; I wasn’t sure to what extent my abilities in various outlets would lead me. I wanted to do many things simultaneously instead of focusing my energy towards one creative array.

However, what I never realized was that my various hobbies and dreams do point to a specific commonality and that is my deep and undying love for storytelling.

Ever since I can remember, I always loved telling stories, perhaps enjoyed the indulgence of the attentive listeners as I weaved up a short fiction story or spoke of my journeys around the world (perhaps this is the reason I talk far more than I should :p) and I always wanted to keep my stories s alive, hence I began putting them down on paper while at the same time I would take every chance my family gave me to use their camera hoping to keep evidence of my story.

Yet when it comes to photography, I cannot explain to you the sense of serenity I feel when I hold that camera and I click away.

Through the lens, I watch as a story is being unravelled before my eyes, a story that needs to be heard. My dream of being a photojournalist is something I would love to pursue in the future, I believe that there are many interesting stories around the world that needs to be heard, but for now I understand that my dreams may have to wait, yet I do not let that put me down and I continue to enjoy my love of storytelling.

Here is my recent shot with some family friends, these kids (and kids in generally )are more enjoyable to take photos with than adults because they never put up a wall, but rather never shy away from raw emotions. I hope you enjoy this story :)





























No comments:

Post a Comment