Thursday 14 January 2010

Music: 2010 Beats


Everyone knows me as the big rocker in town, but I do enjoy a lot of my sudden swings to trance/house a but stay true to my roots of Alternative Rock always :p
Anyways! here are the songs that I have been listening to since the start of 2010!


David Guetta never seems to fail to pump me up and with Missing you ft novel it reaches another level of taking you at another level!
The song is one of the most unique songs on his latest album One love (which is one of the best albums of 2009 I might add). For some reason it reminds me of a blend of some Chocolate Puma (I guess it has to do with Vocals) but I know many would argue this point with me!
anyways heres a link to enjoy the song :D



I always appreciate the Female/ singer/songwriter genre, although the songs arent usually on constant replay in my I-tunes, but there is always one or two songs that really pop out and there is no surprise that this song was featured on Greys Anatomy (where i find most of my music this genre). the beauty of her voice is why I added it to the top six.



The New upcoming band from Australia bring such a new flavor to the Alternative rock genre which really was in dire need to revive the genre! Their whole album is filled with songs that were just all well worth listening to, but I think Fader is one of those songs that transcends all genres and have an appeal to other genre lovers which is why I put it up on my top six!!


Bat for lashes is another song featured on the Greys Anatomy series which is a beautiful alternative haunting song (I like to think of her as a Rock La roux) , I think I appreciate her more for her creativity in her music, videos and even style (perhaps she reminds me far to much of myself ! XD) but these eccentric beats get you hooked from the very start of the song!

people would think I am a bit biased for putting up 30 seconds to mars up here because of my infatuation for Jared Letto (which is perhaps partially true :p) but! this is one of those songs that managed to really something new, as a huge 30 seconds to mars fan this song is very different to the "typical" 30 seconds to rock yet it still poses its "alternative rock" genre! by far this is another all time best albums of 2009!


As a huge Paramore fan, let me first say that I was quite disappointed by their latest album which i felt very much that each song was very repetitive and sounded similar to the next, yet the first song on the album was by far the only song that stood out in my opinion, which is a good track (yet not better than the their older songs) yet i still like listening to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment