Sunday 23 May 2010

Contemplating PHD

My mind is set on my dissertation, with my relief that I have chosen a topic ambiguous yet confident enough that I can tackle the question of weather I have a future in pursuing a PHD still lingers, the idea of staying longer in the UK is quite tempting yet if the prospects of establishing my career route is open then I say why not go work!

I am not quite sure how easily will it be for me to find a job within the book publishing industry in the UAE, despite its promising future I believe a little empirical knowledge and not just my academic background would help make me a more confident employee.

Yet I am quite excited about my dissertation topic! My topic looks into the prospect of adopting digital publishing in the Middle east as a norm for publishing as oppose to the basic brick and mortar stores. I believe the lack of distribution system should be used to our advantage in digital publishing and promote it as a norm within the middle eastern region, this way not only will authors in the middle east be popular in the middle east but have the ability to gain global recognition!

Now the challenge is how I will manage to increase all this into 15,000 words, yep and the thought that a PHD will be 80,000 words makes me want to choke (although I have three years to write it ! as oppose to 3 months not to mention summer months!!)

Well if I am serious about writing a PHD then I must start working on my proposals before I begin the actual construction of my Dissertation!

No comments:

Post a Comment